Saturday, March 8, 2008

An Eye Opening Experience

Hello, my name is Stella and I am an eye cream junkie. I just know that there's one out there that will erase fine lines, lighten dark circles, reduce bags and puffiness. For the prices of some eye creams on the market, I would expect them to take me to dinner and a movie and give me a foot massage! Fortunately, a nice moisturizer for the delicate skin underneath the eyes doesn't have to cost a small fortune as evidenced by the diverse collection offered by derma e.

I've written about derma e products previously. Their products are paraben-free, pH balanced, cruelty-free and vegetarian and packaged in 100% recyclable materials. Recently I've been testing out several of their eye creams. They have over half a dozen different formulas to moisturize and protect the eye area. All of them are under $30, most are under $20. Depending on what you are trying to accomplish--reduce signs of aging, firming skin, lighten circles--there's probably a derma e solution for you.

The first one I tried was their Ester-C Firming Eye Créme. This is a thick, rich, emollient cream designed to firm the under eye area. I love the creamy consistency (although it's probably better suited for night time use) and the yummy light citrus scent.

Next was the Eye Lighten Dark Circle Créme. This is a much lighter formula than the Ester-C making it better for daytime wear. Formulated with a blend of botanicals including Horse Chestnut, Witch Hazel and Eyebright extracts, the Eye Lighten is designed to promote healthy circulation, strengthen leaky capillaries, and reduce swelling and inflammation.

Finally, I am currently adoring the Brighter Eye Créme from their new Organic Expressions product line. As its name suggests, Organic Expressions products are small-batch crafted using certified organic ingredients. The foundation of the line is premium olive oil which is rich in anti-oxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties. The eye cream also contains pycnogenol, witch hazel and rose hips. I found that the consistency of the the Brighter Eye Créme is somewhere between the Ester-C Firming and the Eye Lighten creams--light enough to use for day and moisturizing enough to wear overnight. It also has a light, citrus scent and is very nourishing and soothing.

Unlike pricier skincare alternatives, derma e uses high quality ingredients while offering their products at an affordable price. Their secret? Very little advertising. Most of the money you spend on that expensive eye cream goes to pay for that glossy ad in Vogue and the slick and chic packaging. The ingredients themselves, which usually contain a lot of stuff that isn't even good for your skin, comprise only a small portion of the cost of the product. So if you actually want to get what you pay for, rather than just an air-brushed model in a magazine, you might want to check out the extensive line of high quality natural skin and bodycare products at derma e.

3 comments:

  1. You know you're my hero... The lines are coming and I've been looking for creams. I'll tell you soon about how it works once I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, right--Miss "Barely looks old enough to be legal" has lines around her eyes! Pfffttt!

    Glad to be someone's hero anyway...You know I live to be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 47 and the Derma e eyebright dark circle creme is the best product I have ever used, really makes dark circles not as noticeable and takes puffiness down alot. I buy it at The Vitamin Shoppe around 17 bucks for 0.5 oz
    Peter

    ReplyDelete