Thursday, October 25, 2007

derma e - The "e" stands for Exceptional

In addition to my obsession with TV, movies, the internet and shopping, I am addicted to skincare. My latest quest is finding products with ingredients that are organic, natural and good for my skin--like the derma e Natural Bodycare line.

I had heard of derma e before--it's been around for almost 25 years, but I'd never checked out their products. The company is the two-time winner of Whole Food Magazine's Best Skin Care Products award. Each of their products is paraben-free, pH balanced, cruelty-free and vegetarian and packaged in 100% recyclable materials.

I tested out a cleanser from their Organic Expressions product line which features soothing ingredients and is loaded with antioxidants like papaya, witch hazel, cucumber, aloe vera, chamomile, pomegranate, pycnogenol and green tea. If you like lots of foam and skin that feels as tight as a drum, this cleanser isn't for you. I found it did a great job of cleansing my skin (even removing mascara!) with irritating or stripping it dry. The Organic Expressions line also includes a toner, hydrating day creme, intensive night creme and eye creme--all of which use certified organic ingredients.

I also checked out the award winning formula of their Anti-aging Moisturizing Complex SPF 15. This is probably unlike any sunscreen you've tried. For one, it's this peach-colored (although it goes on completely sheer), light fluffy soufflé-like cream. It's not sticky or chalky or goopy like a lot of sunscreen products. It combines antioxidant ingredients like Astaxanthin, Green Tea, and Olive Oil with broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreens.

If you have finicky skin like me, derma e has a fragrance free line which utilizes pycnogenol to protect, calm and reduce inflammation. I've been using the Pycnogenol Redness Reducing Serum for a while now and I'm finding that it really does help soothe my skin. The Pycnogenol line includes a cleanser, toner, gel, lotion and creme.

But my favorite product for taming sensitive skin flare-ups is from their Psorzema line which claims to renew, repair and fight damage. Formulated to help with the dry, itchy, scaly skin of conditions like psoriasis and eczema, this line is free of steroids and coal or pine tars usually found in skin treatments. Instead it uses Neem, Burdock, Bearberry, Vitamins A and E to relieve skin. Now I don't have eczema or psoriasis--but I do have this weird flaky, irritated patch of skin that one dermatologist says is dermatitis (how's that for a non-diagnosis?) and another claims is rosacea (wrong again!) and that nothing, but NOTHING has helped. Until I tried derma e's Psorzema creme. This stuff is awesome! It really has calmed and helped heal my skin.

Speaking of product lines, derma e is loaded with them--collections which target different skin types and needs, products that exfoliate, firm, build collagen, treat problems, etc. You name it, they've got a product for it! And their products contain state of the art skin care ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, peptides, vitamin E, vitamin C, tea tree oil and DMAE to name a few. So if you're still on the hunt for the perfect moisturizer, the ultimate eye cream--whatever, you might want to check out derma e...Chance are they've got a product or two that will help you make your skin look better.

1 comment:

  1. great post about a GREAT product line. Suddenly I feel the need for that nifty new product from derma -e

    ReplyDelete