Saturday, September 29, 2007

The End of Analog

Another technology bites the dust. Just recently I've had to deal with the "new" AT&T's dismantling of the TDMA network. They sent me numerous threats about the impending demise of my cell phone service. So I was forced to do what any sane and intelligent person would do under these circumstances--I switched to T-Mobile. AT&T continues, however, to barrage me with warning letters. Dudes, I dumped you. Get over it!

But TDMA isn't the only technology to face extinction soon. According to an article in the Washington Post, the drop dead date for switching to cable or satellite or high-def TV is February 17, 2009. On that date (a Tuesday) broadcasters will cease to send analog signals--which means if you're tuning into ABC's hit show Cavemen that night, you are S.O.L. OK, seriously--Cavemen most likely will not last until February 2007, but if you're one of the 70 million people in the U.S, using rabbit ears (like me!), it's time to get your ass in gear and upgrade.

This is a public service announcement on behalf of all TV lovers. We now continue with our regularly scheduled programming...

No comments:

Post a Comment