Monday, August 13, 2007

We will be filming in your neighborhood

One of the cool--or sometimes not so cool--things about living in Los Angeles is that on occasion your neighborhood or local hangout becomes the on location site for a film crew. A year or so ago, they filmed part of an episode of Nip/Tuck at my gym. It was a bit of a hassle. They canceled a number of classes and you had to pick your way over electrical cords to work out. But if you watched the episode, you could point it out to your friend--"Hey, that's my gym!"

Unfortunately I do not get cable so that wasn't an option for me.
But, I just found out today that they will be filming for an episode of My Name is Earl about a block from where I live. The filming will take place at 1616 Butler Avenue (which happens to be The Village recording studio. The Village is a state-of-the-art, full service recording complex housed in a Masonic Temple in West Los Angeles which was built in the Roaring Twenties. The filming is scheduled to take place between 7 am and 10 pm on Wednesday, August 15th.

I walk past The Village almost every day to go to my gym (the one where they filmed for an episode of Nip/Tuck!), so you can be sure I will be keeping my eyes open for a glimpse of Jason Lee or Jaime Pressly. And even if I don't catch sight of them while they're filming, I will be watching each and every episode of Earl intently this Fall so I can point out to my friends--"Hey, that's my neighborhood!"

No comments:

Post a Comment