Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Reliving your Childhood

Someone sent me a link to TV Party.com. It has a section where you can select a year and see the Saturday morning kid shows that were on the schedule that year. Talk about a blast from the past!


Who could forget The Bugaloos or H. R. Pufnstuf? (The "H.R." allegedly stood for "hand rolled"--and I don't think they were talking about sushi!)






How about Josie and the Pussycats?






Or Scooby Doo?


Or maybe you remember Land of the Lost (yikes--sleestaks!) or Sigmund and the Sea Monsters (I thought Sigmund WAS a sea monster!).


Or maybe your tastes ran to the more classic Underdog or Jonny Quest...



Two of my favorites--which I'm sure no-one remembers--were Here Comes the Grump and Here Comes the Double Deckers! (Note the highly original titles...)








I had a huge crush on the kid in the center. I also had a huge crush on the male animated character in Here Comes the Grump...hey, I was a kid!

For those of you who have no clue about any of these shows, I pity you. Ah, the 70s! The Golden Age of Saturday morning television...

No comments:

Post a Comment